Seton Medical Center has been ranked by US News & World Report among the top hospitals in the San Francisco Metropolitan Area for specialty care in orthopedics. The Seton Orthopedic Institute provides the full spectrum of care, including expertise in knee replacement and hip replacement. The San Francisco Spine Institute at Seton is recognized for excellence in the treatment of back and neck pain.
Seton Orthopedic Institute
|1850 Sullivan Ave., Suite 150, Daly City
(650) 991-5880 for an appointment
The Seton Orthopedic Institute specializes in care of individuals experiencing a loss of mobility or pain associated with illness or injury to the knee, hip and shoulder. The Institute provides the full spectrum of care – from conservative management of early symptoms of joint discomfort to surgery employing the latest minimally invasive techniques:
- braces and supports
- rehabilitation therapy
- medication and injections
- surgery (including arthroscopic and the latest, minimally invasive procedures)
Get back to your active self. The nurse coordinator of the Seton Orthopedic Institute helps to ensure surgery patients have a comfortable and informed experience – from the initial educational class to follow-up care after leaving the hospital.
- Register for the free Joint Replacement Class. Held every Thursday, from 1 pm to 2:30 pm, the class helps prepare you for hip replacement or knee replacement surgery. Registration is required at (650) 991-5819.
- The nurse coordinator may be reached at (650) 991-5819.
- Visit the Physician Search for board-certified orthopedic specialists at Seton Medical Center who focus on knee, hip and shoulder conditions.
Orthopedic Outpatient Center
1850 Sullivan Ave., Suite 150, Daly City
Monday – Friday | 8 am – 5 pm
The Orthopedic Outpatient Center opened in 2012 in a comfortable and modern office building adjacent to the hospital and with ample free parking nearby. Conveniently located within the Seton Orthopedic Institute, theOrthopedicOutpatientCenter is staffed by board-certified physicians specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic conditions and a dedicated nurse coordinator who provides personalized attention and support throughout the care of each patient.
- Call (650) 991-5880 to schedule a new-patient appointment (physician referral needed).
- Call (650) 991-5819 to talk directly with the nurse coordinator.
|Spine Care Medical Group||
455 Hickey Boulevard, Suite 310, Daly City
Call (650) 985-7500 for a new appointment
Monday – Friday | 8 am – 5 pm
Closed from 12 pm – 1 pm
The San Francisco Spine Institute is internationally renowned for its research and clinical care of patients with all types of spinal conditions. The Institute is staffed by SpineCare Medical Group, a multidisciplinary group of spine specialists who provide traditional and leading-edge diagnosis and treatment of patients with:
- neck and low-back pain
- herniated discs
- whiplash-related injuries
- spinal fractures and deformities
- injury rehabilitation
Individualized treatment plans are developed for each patient and may include non-surgical and surgical interventions. Arthroscopic surgery or minimally invasive surgery is recommended when possible. Treatment may involve more traditional surgeries, such as fusions, although the latest techniques will likely be employed. SpineCare physicians specialize in treatment of patients with all types of spine pain and conditions (including those who have been previously treated).
- Call (650) 985-75oo to schedule a new-patient appointment.
- Visit www.spinecare.com for information about SpineCare Medical Group.
- Seton Medical Center has a dedicated, 35-bed inpatient Orthopedic-Spine Unit on the Seventh Floor of the hospital. It is staffed by nurses and other health care professionals who are specially trained and experienced in caring for orthopedic and spine patients.
- Following discharge, patients may receive additional rehabilitation services at Seton’s nearby Physical Rehabilitation Center.