As part of the Verity Health System, Seton Medical Center and Seton Coastside provide competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit plans. Our benefit plans include medical, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance options, as well as vacation and extended sick leave accrual. Benefits plans vary for contractual and non-contractual employees.
employee benefit eligibility
Full Time and Part Time employees who are regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week are eligible for our benefit plan.
Benefits available for all employees:
- Free shuttle from Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) System to Daly City On-site access to San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans)
- Free and convenient parking
- Direct deposit of payroll check
- Free on-site gym
- Education opportunities & reimbursement
- Legally married spouse
Legally domiciled adult of covered employee (an individual age 18 or older who lives with the employee and is dependent upon the eligible employee for over half of his or her support; children of legally domiciled adult are also eligible for coverage)
- Dependent children under age 24 who qualify as dependents according to the IRS
- Mentally or physically disabled children who became disabled prior to age 19
Benefits effective dates
- Non-contractual employees: First of the month following 30 days of employment
- Contractual employees: First of the month following 90 days of employment
Medical and dental plans
- We offer HMO, PPO and POS plans with various vendors including Healthnet, Blue Shield and CIGNA. Plans vary depending on whether or not an employee is affiliated with a union.
- We offer three types of Delta Dental insurance as well as a CIGNA dental plan. Plans vary depending on whether or not an employee is affiliated with a Union.
We offer both the Vision Service Plan and Medical Eye Service. Plans vary depending on whether or not an employee is affiliated with a union.
Tax shield annuities are available to employees through Lincoln Alliance, Valic Retirement Services, and Fidelity Investments. Plans vary depending on whether or not an employee is affiliated with a union.
Our Plan At-A-Glance
|Eligibility to Join the Plan||Immediately upon hire|
|Benefit Formula||1.6% of monthly pay (with cash balance minimum benefit guaranty)|
|Retirement Vesting||100% after 5 years of vesting service|
|Normal Retirement Date||First day of the month on or after age 65|
|Early Retirement Date||First day of any month on or after age 55, if vested|
|Disability Benefits||Any age and vested|
• Before Retirement
• After Retirement
|Any age and vested. Based on form of pension payment|