Some risk factors associated with breast cancer
- Age (getting older)
- Age at first period (before age 12)
- Age at menopause (age 55 or older)
- Alcohol consumption (2-4 drinks per day)
- Being overweight or weight gain
- Family history of breast cancer
- High bone density
- Personal history of cancer
Early detection and disease prevention
- Timely screenings are a key to early detection. These Health Screening Guidelines outline recommended screenings.
- We also know that inactivity contributes to disease. These Physical Activity Guidelines outline recommended activity guidelines for everyone – for Children & Adolescents (Ages 6-17), Adults (Ages 18-64) and Older Adults (64 and over).
IMPORTANT: This information is provided as a community service. It is not intended as medical advice. Contact your personal physician about your individual health care needs and for advice about starting a new exercise program.